This banana muffins recipe is unlike anything you’ve ever tried. It has the perfect combination of banana and vanilla which is what makes it unique.
Okay, I will be honest with you, this recipe was inspired by a friend of mine, Sara, who makes the best banana muffins. Therefore, I reached out to her recently to get her recipe, which she was kind enough to share. The reason why I decided to share her recipe with you guys is because the first time I tried it, I literally became obsessed with it. It was unlike anything I had tried in the past. Plus, given that I am a banana lover myself, I knew I needed to add it to my banana recipe collection.
This banana muffins is super quick and easy to make. It literally took less than 45 mins to prep and bake it. Therefore, if you are trying to spend less time in the kitchen, but want something really yummy, you won’t go wrong with this one.
Ingredients For Banana Muffins
- Sugar: I sometimes prefer raw cane sugar for that deep, caramel-like sweetness, but regular sugar works just fine to make these muffins deliciously sweet.
- Melted Butter: You can swap this out for oil if butter isn’t an option, though it’ll slightly alter the flavor and texture of the muffins. I love how butter gives them a rich, melt-in-your-mouth feel.
- Egg: No eggs? No problem! You can use a flax egg or applesauce as a binder instead. It changes the texture a bit, but you’ll still end up with tasty muffins.
- Flour: While all-purpose flour is my go-to, you can also use whole wheat for a healthier twist or a gluten-free blend if you’re avoiding gluten. Just expect a bit of a texture change.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: These help the muffins rise and become fluffy. If you’re out of one, you can usually adjust with a little more of the other, though the science gets tricky.
- Salt: A pinch of salt enhances all the other flavors, making the muffins taste even more delicious.
- Almond Milk: Any milk will do here. Soy, oat, or even regular cow’s milk are great alternatives. They might tweak the flavor slightly, but your muffins will still be moist and delicious.
- Bananas: The star of the show! Make sure they’re overripe for that perfect sweetness and moisture.
- Vanilla Extract: It adds a lovely, warm flavor, but if you’re out, a dash of bourbon or rum can add an exciting twist.
- Chocolate Chips: If you’re not a fan or just don’t have any, try nuts for crunch or dried fruit for a burst of sweetness. Each adds its own unique touch to the muffins.
As mentioned, this recipe calls for eggs, so if you are vegan, I would suggest trying out my other banana cake recipe which I believe is the bomb dot com. Do keep in mind that it does contain chocolate as one of its ingredients. However, if you don’t want it to be chocolatey, then you can completely skip the cocoa powder and reduce the amount of chocolate chips.
How To Make Banana Muffins
Step 1: Combine the wet ingredients
Start by getting your oven nice and warm; set it to 350°F so it’s ready to go. Then, grab a medium-sized bowl and toss in those sweet mashed bananas, the melted butter, egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir them all together until they’re well combined.
For exact measurements, see the recipe card at the end of this post.
Step 2: Add the dry ingredients
Now, it’s time to add the dry ingredients to the mixture. Sift in the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix them gently into the wet mixture until everything’s smooth and well-acquainted.
Step 3: Prep Your Cupcake pan
Next, line your cupcake pan with the cupcake casings. It’s time to fill them up! Use an ice cream scoop (it’s not just for ice cream!) to neatly plop the batter into each casing.
Step 4: Bake at 350°F
Now, the oven’s all warmed up and ready for action. Slide your pan into the oven and bake your soon-to-be muffins for about 30 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once they’re golden and gorgeous, take them out, serve them up, and enjoy every bite of your homemade banana muffin!
For a recipe that takes less time to prepare, I can honestly say I was surprised with the overall outcome. I know for a fact that I will be making this from time to time as it tends to be quite filling.
Let me know in the comments if you give this recipe a try. I would love to hear your thoughts on it or how you might have tweaked it in your own way.
Easy Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter - melted (~1 stick of butter)
- 1 egg - large
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Almond milk
- 2 bananas - overripe, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate chips - topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- To a medium sized bowl, add in your mashed bananas, melted butter, egg, milk, vanilla extract, and combine together.
- Then add in your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and combine until you achieve a smooth consistency
- Place your cupcake casing in your cupcake pan and add your mixture into the casing using an icecream scoop.
- Bake for 30 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean when pierced.
- Serve and Enjoy!