No joke, this banana muffins recipe is unlike anything you’ve ever tried. It has the perfect combination of banana and vanilla which is what makes it unique.
Okay, I will be honest with you, this recipe was inspired by a friend of mine, Sara, who makes the best banana muffins. Therefore, I reached out to her recently to get her recipe, which she was kind enough to share. The reason why I decided to share her recipe with you guys is because the first time I tried it, I literally became obsessed with it. It was unlike anything I had tried in the past. Plus, given that I am a banana lover myself, I knew I needed to add it to my banana recipe collection.
This recipe is super quick and easy to make. It literally took less than 45 mins to prep and bake it. Therefore, if you are trying to spend less time in the kitchen, but want something really yummy, you won’t go wrong with this one.
By the way, this recipe calls for eggs, so if you are vegan, I would suggest trying out my other banana cake recipe HERE which I believe is the bomb dot com. Do keep in mind that it does contain chocolate as one of its ingredients. However, if you don’t want it to be chocolatey, then you can completely skip the cocoa powder and reduce the number of chocolate chips.
For a recipe that takes less time to prepare, I can honestly say I was surprised with the overall outcome. I know for a fact that I will be making this from time to time as it tends to be quite filling.
Let me know in the comments if you give this recipe a try. I would love to hear your thoughts on it or how you might have tweaked it in your own way.
Easy Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter - melted (~1 stick of butter)
- 1 egg - large
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Almond milk
- 2 bananas - overripe, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate chips - topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- To a medium sized bowl, add in your mashed bananas, melted butter, egg, milk, vanilla extract, and combine together.
- Then add in your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and combine until you achieve a smooth consistency
- Place your cupcake casing in your cupcake pan and add your mixture into the casing using an icecream scoop.
- Bake for 30 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean when pierced.
- Serve and Enjoy!