I’ve been eating this bread and egg toast recipe almost every single day. It has become a huge favorite of mine and I thought I’d share my easy recipe with you guys.
For the past couple of months, I’ve been posting a lot of vegan recipes on my blog. However, since I’m no longer vegan (a story for another day), I will be bringing back more animal-based recipes to the blog. Not to worry, if you are vegan, I haven’t completely given up vegan meals yet, so I would still have those up from time to time.
This recipe I’m about to show you is so easy. Honestly, it is so easy that even a 4-year-old can prepare it (if perfectly trained of course).
It’s the perfect meal to prepare when you are on the go and need some snacks for the day. If you work 9-5, you can easily prepare this right before you leave for work. It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and it tastes so so delicious.
I usually have mine with one of my favorite smoothies or if I’m just being very lazy, then I’d have it with juice.
One thing I enjoy about this recipe is the fact that it’s so filling. Four of these bad boys and my stomach is already begging me to quit.
If you want a real breakfast recipe that will keep you full throughout the day, then you need to give this recipe a try.
Make sure to pack up some smoothie or your favorite juice to give your stomach its best morning treatment. I promise you won’t regret it.
This bread and egg toast recipe calls for very simple ingredients. You only need eggs, bread, and a few spices that you probably already have in your kitchen cabinet. It’s very similar to french toast, but it isn’t like your regular french toast.
I decided to melt some chocolate and drizzle it on my toast. And no kidding, it honestly made this recipe taste even more delicious.
Therefore, don’t forget to add the chocolate/Nutella. You would be sorry if you don’t.
Bread and Egg Toast Recipe
- 4 eggs - large
- 6-8 slices wheat bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- chocolate chips - melted (topping)
- To a large frying pan on medium-high heat, heat up your olive oil
- Crack 4 eggs into a wide bowl and add in your spices (salt, pepper, oregano). Whisk with a fork until fully combined.
- Drop-in a slice of bread into the mixture, coating both sides of the bread in the mixture.
- Lay your bread onto the pan and fry. Once the end of the bread starts to brown, flip over the bread and fry the other side until lightly brown.
- Repeat the same steps for the other slices.
- Drizzle your melted chocolate chips on the stacked bread
- Serve and Enjoy!