This vegan cashew dressing is the best plant-based dressing to stock up in your refrigerator. This dressing can be used in various salads and meaty vegan recipes and is my go-to dressing for any occasion. One thing I love about this dressing is how quick and easy it is to prepare. It only calls for five ingredients you can purchase at your local grocery store, and you only need a blender to prepare the dressing.
I used this vegan cashew dressing in this delicious taco recipe I prepared recently, and it made the tacos so delicious. I had to make it again because of how great the flavor was.
If you are on a plant-based diet and are looking for a dressing you can incorporate into various recipes, I recommend you give this dressing a go. I promise you won’t regret it.
- Cashews: It won’t be a cashew dressing without cashews. Thus for this recipe, you would need whole unsalted cashews. However, you can use roasted cashews if you have them in your pantry; please make sure it’s unsalted.
- Cilantro: This is entirely optional. However, it enhances the citrusy flavor of this dressing and adds a pleasant pungent taste that you will enjoy in salads.
- Seasonings: To give this dressing a nice flavor, you would need chili spice, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Dates: This adds some sweetness to this dressing that helps balance the sour flavor of the cilantro
- Lime juice: For some extra kick and preservation of the dressing.
- Water: To help blend the ingredients into a runny paste.
Preparing this dressing is super simple. It would be best if you had a high-powered blender to crush the cashews and other ingredients finely. This will help remove any lumps, thus giving the dressing a nice creamy texture.
To prepare, add all your ingredients to the blender except water. Add the water in bits and blend until you reach your desired texture. Serve in salads, burgers, burritos, or any other recipe that calls for dressing.
Let me know in the comments if you gave this recipe a try.
Easy Vegan Cashew Dressing | Plant-Based
- 1½ cups cashews - whole, unsalted
- 1 date
- 1 lime - freshly squeezed
- cilantro - chopped
- 1½ cups water
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Add all your ingredients to the blender except water. Add the water in bits and blend until you reach your desired texture.
- Serve in salads, burriots, burgers or any other recipe that calls for dressing.