I’m sharing this homemade jumbo shells pasta recipe with you guys today because two friends of mine came over when I first prepared this dish and LOVED IT! And because they did, I knew it was a killer recipe that I had to share with y’all.
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Jumbo Shells Pasta
This homemade jumbo shells pasta recipe is like nothing you’ve ever tried before. I like to believe it’s a concussion recipe due to the fact that it is made with a bunch of ingredients many don’t include in their pasta dishes.
Basically, I took my time to combine sweet, sour, spicy, bitter, and salty into this dish, as a combination of all 5 gives this dish a wonderful taste. Oh, and may I also add.. CHEESE! Because pasta is not pasta if it doesn’t have some cheese in it.
If you’ve tried any of my pasta dishes in the past, you would realize that this recipe is quite different from the rest. It’s very common to add chicken to pasta dishes, but this dish itself happens to be perfect without chicken. So if you’re vegetarian, then you would absolutely love this dish as it is.
If you haven’t been living under a rock, then you would know that the craze of feta pasta has been all over instagram lately. Not going to lie, I was debating on making it and adding my own twist to it, but eventually decided not to. Instead, I decided to come up with this pasta recipe from scratch.
When I was in college, pasta was my go-to for the days when I felt absolutely lazy to wait in the kitchen cooking, but also wanted to eat something decent. This recipe I’m about to show you literally reminds me of my college days, because it’s quick and super easy to make.
Quick and Easy Homemade Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb Jumbo shell pasta
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup onions - diced
- 1 clove garlic - chopped
- ½ tsp salt - for sauce
- 1 tbsp salt - for pasta
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 oz tomato sauce - canned
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- Heat 4 quartz of water in a large pot on high heat and add 1 tablespoon of salt as the water begins to boil.
- Throw in uncooked pasta and a bit of oil (to prevent sticking) and boil for 10-15mins or until al dente.
- Heat up a saucepan on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- Thrown in chopped onions and garlic and fry.
- Add in salt, pepper, oregano, ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, tomato sauce and stir for about 2 mins
- Add in heavy cream, vegeble broth, nutritional yeast and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in boiled pasta and shredded cheese. Combine thoroughly.
- Top with cilantro or basil and Enjoy!