Call all the mocktail lovers because this lemon green tea mocktail recipe is everything!
I honestly can’t think of anything better to do with green tea than make a mocktail with it. Because how often do you drink green tea these days anyway?
As someone who normally has a ton of green tea just waiting to expire in my cabinet, I felt I would at least do something with it. Hence this recipe.
Thus, if you just happen to be like me and you have some green tea in your kitchen that’s begging to be used up, then consider making this Lemon Green tea mocktail. You honestly don’t have to detest alcohol to enjoy this drink. It’s sweet but not too sweet, sour but not too sour and it honestly has a nice kick to it. It’s pretty much everything you want in a cocktail minus the alcohol.
In one of my previous recipe posts, I mentioned that I absolutely dislike alcohol because of how it makes me feel. However, I would admit that I have opened myself up to a couple of alcoholic drinks lately (thanks to my husband).
Still, even though I have been casually drinking, I still find myself opting for drinks with a super duper low alcohol percentage. I honestly think it allows me to enjoy my drink tastewise without focusing too much on how the drink makes me physically feel.
I know that to a lot of people drinking alcohol is more about how drunk you can get, but I personally don’t enjoy the feeling of being drunk. Hence my preference for low percentages.
That being said, if you’re craving a cocktail, but don’t necessarily want the alcoholic contents in it, then this lemon green tea mocktail recipe is for you.
Ingredients For Lemon Green Tea Mocktail
- Green Tea: This is one of the main ingredients in this mocktail because of the many benefits of green tea. Most cocktails we get at the bar usually have a serving size of a few ounces, and so I felt for this recipe it would be beneficial to get a few ounces of nutritional benefits. Green tea is high in antioxidants, which means that it helps neutralize free radicals in your body and reduce inflammation. It also has anti-cancer properties and can help prevent diabetes. But wait, there’s more: green tea can also increase alertness and mental clarity, improve focus, boost metabolism and help you lose weight, reduce bad cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure and even improve dental health! It’s a win-win situation.
- Lemon Juice: You can use lemon juice in cocktails, like a margarita, or you can add it to sparkling water for a refreshing, citrusy drink. It also works well in smoothies and juices. For this particular recipe, the lemon juice gives a nice sour flavor that balances out the rest of the ingredients in the drink.
- Sprite: Okay, I know what you’re probably thinking.. why add soda?.. But you’ve got to trust me on this one. There’s something about the carbonation in soda that takes this drink to a whole ‘nother level. If you don’t have sprite, sparkling water should do.
- Sugar: For some extra sweetness that diminishes the slightly bitter taste of the green tea.
- Hot water: To extract the contents in the green tea bag.
- Ice: Because you obviously want to serve this chilled.
USING A COCKTAIL SHAKER
I personally recommend picking up a cocktail shaker to use in this recipe. It makes it easier to mix all the contents in one cup and serve. Plus, cocktail shakers often come with a sieve lid that helps keep larger particles away from the drink. I personally use this cocktail shaker and I’ve never had any issues with it.
How To Prepare Lemon Green Tea Mocktail
The first thing you want to do is to prepare the green tea in advance by dipping one sachet of green teabag into ½ cup of hot water and letting it rest for about 2 minutes. Once the contents in the tea bag have been released into the hot water, simply dispose of the bag and pour the liquid into a cocktail shaker. Then add your sprite, sugar, ice, and lemon juice to the cocktail shaker. Vigorously shake until all the ingredients are fully combined. Pour the contents into a rimmed cocktail glass and enjoy! You can top it off with some mint leaves if you want some extra minty flavor.
Let me know in the comments if you tried out this lemon green tea mocktail.
Lemon Green Tea Mocktail Recipe
- Prepare the green tea in advance by dipping one sachet of green teabag into ½ cup of hot water and letting it rest for about 2 minutes.
- Once the contents in the tea bag have been released into the hot water, simply dispose of the teabag and pour the liquid into a cocktail shaker.
- Add your sprite, sugar, ice, and lemon juice to the cocktail shaker. Vigorously shake until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour the contents into a rimmed cocktail glass and enjoy!
- You can top it off with some mint leaves if you want some extra minty flavor.