Are you on a quest for the ultimate comfort food? Look no further! Our Prego Shrimp Alfredo Recipe checks all the boxes: it’s creamy, garlicky, and incredibly delicious.
Plus, it takes less than 20 minutes to cook and won’t leave you standing in the kitchen all evening stressed about dinner.
Honestly, this recipe is one of my go-to’s when craving Alfredo but barely have time to cook in the kitchen. It’s simple, quick, and so delicious.
The first time I considered making this recipe using the prego roasted garlic parmesan sauce, I was skeptical.
I looked online to see if any recipes were using this sauce and was shocked to barely find any, making me even more skeptical to give it a shot.
My husband even convinced me not to try it because he felt it wouldn’t come close to the fantastic taste of our homemade alfredo sauce.
So, I decided to do what I do best–putting my cooking skills to the rescue and seasoning this dish in a way that would pull out the flavors in the sauce.
This dish turned out so good we barely had leftovers.
This recipe is for you if you are a busy mom, a stressed-out 9 to 5 worker, or just lazy in general.
In under 20 minutes, you will have a great-tasting meal that doesn’t require hours upon hours in the kitchen.
Ingredients for Prego Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
I decided to use shrimp for this recipe because it’s faster to cook and gives this Alfredo a flavor I love.
However, you can always substitute the shrimp for chicken breast or thighs.
The process is very similar if you decide to use chicken, so there is no need to worry about a new recipe.
So, without further ado, here are the ingredients to make this delicious shrimp alfredo recipe.
- Shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tail off): This is the star of the recipe here. You get that incredible ocean-y taste and a hit of protein. Fresh or thawed, either way works, just make sure they’re good quality.
- Fettuccine pasta: There’s just something about fettuccine pasta that makes Alfredo so good. Fettuccine is like the ultimate sponge for this creamy Alfredo sauce. Trust me, it makes a difference.
- Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Sauce: Want creamy Alfredo without spending hours on the stove? This jar is your best friend. It comes loaded with roasted garlic and Parmesan flavors, so you know you’re getting something special without the fuss.
- Butter: It adds a touch of flavor, giving the dish a pleasant buttery taste.
- Salt and Black Pepper: To taste and for balancing things out
- Chicken Cubes: I personally used maggi cubes and I SWEAR by it. If you don’t have Maggi cubes in your pantry, please order one now. It makes every dish taste soo good!
- Minced Garlic: Who can say no to more garlic? It’s what makes the shrimp and sauce besties in this dish.
- Chopped parsley: For garnish
Step-by-Step Prego Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo Instructions:
Total Time: 20 minutes
Perfectly Cook the Pasta and Sauté the Shrimp
Boil fettuccine pasta in salted water following the package directions until it reaches al dente perfection. Drain and set aside.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add minced garlic and sauté until it’s aromatic. Add the shrimp, salt, pepper, and chicken cubes and cook each side until pink; this usually takes 3-4 minutes per side.
Add Creamy Prego Alfredo Sauce
Pour two jars of Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Sauce over your cooked shrimp. Stir until the shrimp are well-coated in this creamy garlic Parmesan Alfredo goodness. Add more black pepper for some extra heat and balance (optional).
Combine with Pasta
Fold in the cooked fettuccine pasta, ensuring it’s fully enveloped by the creamy shrimp Alfredo sauce. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and chopped parsley. Serve hot, and enjoy every creamy, garlicky bite!
Expert Tips for Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
Creating the perfect Prego Shrimp Alfredo dish goes beyond merely following the recipe.
As you gain more experience, you’ll want to customize the dish to suit your taste preferences and culinary prowess.
Here are some expert tips to make your creamy shrimp Alfredo experience even more memorable.
Use more garlic
If you’re a fan of garlic, don’t hold back. Feel free to add more minced garlic cloves during the sautéing process. You can roast a whole garlic bulb in the oven and add the soft, caramelized cloves to the sauce for a sweeter, more intense garlic profile.
While fettuccine is the traditional choice for Alfredo dishes, you’re not limited to it.
Linguine, spaghetti, or even spiralized vegetables like zucchini noodles can be excellent substitutes.
Each type of pasta or noodle will give a different mouthfeel and make the dish uniquely yours.
The Perfect Shrimp
Choosing quality shrimp can make a world of difference. Fresh or frozen shrimp can be used, but if you opt for frozen, make sure to thaw them properly.
Size also matters. Larger shrimp often provide a more satisfying bite and better absorb the flavors of the creamy garlic Parmesan Alfredo sauce.
Season to Perfection
Remember to taste and adjust the seasoning as you cook. A little extra salt, black pepper, or even a dash of red pepper flakes can elevate the flavors dramatically.
Just remember that the Parmesan cheese will also add some saltiness, so adjust accordingly.
What Can I Make with Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo?
Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Sauce is incredibly versatile! Beyond this mouth-watering Prego Shrimp Alfredo Recipe, consider:
Chicken Alfredo Pizza: Use the Alfredo sauce as a rich, garlicky pizza base.
Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Dip: Blend it with cream cheese and heat until irresistibly creamy.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake: Incorporate the sauce with pasta and roasted veggies, then bake to perfection.
Why This Prego Shrimp Alfredo Recipe is a Must-Try
Our Prego Shrimp Alfredo Recipe, featuring Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Sauce, is the epitome of comfort food.
It’s the perfect choice for anyone yearning for a rich, creamy shrimp Alfredo experience without all the fuss. Now that you know how easy it is to create this dish, what’s stopping you?
Dive into this deliciousness today!
Also check out our Green Veggie Pasta Recipe if you are a veggie lover and want a quick recipe!
Prego Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- 1 lb Shrimp - peeled, deveined and tail off
- 16 oz Fettuccine - one full pack of barilla fettuccine pasta
- 2 jars Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Sauce - two 14.5oz jars
- 3 tbsp butter - unsalted
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 maggi cubes - or any stock cube of your choice. Maggi is the best and I swear by it!!
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- parsley - chopped, for garnish
- Boil fettuccine pasta in salted water following the package directions until it reaches al dente perfection. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add minced garlic and sauté until it's aromatic. Add the shrimp, salt, black pepper, and chicken cubes and cook each side until pink; this usually takes 3-4 minutes per side.
- Pour two jars of Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Sauce over your cooked shrimp. Stir until the shrimp are well-coated in this creamy garlic Parmesan Alfredo goodness.
- Fold in the cooked fettuccine pasta, making sure it's fully enveloped by the creamy shrimp Alfredo sauce.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and chopped parsley. Serve hot and enjoy every creamy, garlicky bite!