I love Chicken Quesadillas. It’s one of those food recipes I rarely prepare but enjoy eating. Today I decided to use the leftover tortillas I had sitting in the kitchen to make this dish, and it was delicious.
One thing I love about Chicken quesadillas is that they’re so easy to make and versatile. You can add any toppings you want: salsa, guacamole, sour cream… the options are endless!
It’s also super easy to change up the texture of your quesadilla: if you want it crunchier, bake it in the oven instead of frying it in a pan. If you want it softer and moister, heat it up in the microwave before serving.
There’s no wrong way to do them! If you think of something new to add to your recipe, go for it!
Ingredients for an easy chicken quesadillas
- Three flour tortillas
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- 1 pound of chopped chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
How To Prepare Chicken Quesadillas | COOK TIME: ~30 minutes
Cooking the chicken
Coat your chicken with spices and set aside. If you don’t have all the spices listed above, good ole taco seasoning would do just fine.
On medium heat, melt a tablespoon of butter in a small frying pan and add in your coated chicken breasts. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown.
Making the Chicken Quesadillas
Next, melt about a teaspoon of butter on medium heat in a large skillet and drop in one tortilla. Add some shredded cheese and a good quantity of cooked chicken breasts on one side of the tortilla. Put more cheese to cover up the chicken breast (this helps to seal up the tortilla). Fold over the side of the tortillas without any fillers onto the other side containing the cheese and chicken breast. Flip it over and cook until the cheese melts.
Repeat the same process for the remaining tortilla.
Once done, cut up the Quesadillas into batches and serve.
Voila! Your Chicken Quesadillas is now ready to be munched on.
Need more flavor? Try adding some bacon next time. It takes this recipe to a whole new level.
Related Post: Chicken Cowboy Caviar Recipe
Quick Chicken Quesadillas
- 3 flour tortillas
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 1 lb chicken breast - diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
Prepping the chicken
- Coat your chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, and onion powder. Set aside
- On medium heat, melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet and add in your coated chicken breast. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown.
Making the Chicken Quesadilla
- In a large skillet, melt a bit of butter and drop in one tortilla
- Add mozzarella cheese and a good quantity of cooked chicken bread on one side of the tortilla.
- Fold over the side of the tortilla without any fillers onto the side containing the filling.
- Flip it over and cook until the cheese begins to melt.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining tortillas.
- Cut and serve.