Today’s strawberry sprite mocktail was inspired by my detest for alcoholic drinks. Hence, making drinks with sprite has been my new swap for alcoholic drinks.
Okay, what I’m about to say might piss off the stoners and tequila mongers, but in all honesty, I’ve never been a fan of alcohol. I hate how it makes me feel and I also dislike how everyone makes it such a big deal at parties and events.
Call me lame or old school or whatever, but getting drunk isn’t fun, neither is it something to feel good about. Therefore, whenever people make a fuss about getting drunk and having fun, I never seem to find it appealing.
I was recently in a car accident caused by a drunk driver and my late dad passed away as a result of drinking too much. Hence, it is safe to say that such experiences have re-enforced why I hate drinking so much.
Thus, this recipe is dedicated to my pals who just aren’t the biggest fan of alcoholic drinks, but will absolutely love to enjoy something similar to it.
Strawberry Sprite Moctail Recipe
I love the taste of Smirnoff ice. The first time I tried it, I was so in love with the flavors that I found it hard to believe it contained a percentage of alcohol in it. Basically, from what I’ve discovered so far, many alcoholic drinks tend to have a particular taste that distinguishes it from non-alcoholic drinks. However, in the case of Smirnoff nice, I can’t say the same.
Given my views towards drinking, coming up with this strawberry sprite mocktail was my way of removing the nostalgia I had for strawberry Smirnoff ice.
I believe the combination of strawberry, cranberry, sprite and lemon you find in this recipe absolutely replicates the strawberry Smirnoff ice without alcohol.
Ingredients for Sprite Mocktail
- ½ cup strawberry cranberry juice: I specifically used strawberry cranberry juice because it provides a perfect blend of tartness and sweetness that complements the other ingredients. Cranberry juice adds depth to the drink with its slightly bitter and tangy profile, while the strawberry juice brings in a natural sweetness and fruity aroma. The combination of these two flavors creates a well-rounded base for the mocktail.
- ½ cup sprite: Sprite is added to bring effervescence and lightness to the drink. Its lemon-lime flavor enhances the fruity elements, making the drink more complex and exciting. The carbonation also adds a fun, fizzy texture that most people find enjoyable and refreshing.
- ¼ cup strawberries: I would suggest dicing the strawberries first. The fresh strawberries work beautifully with both the Sprite and the strawberry cranberry juice, unifying the overall flavor profile.
- 1 lemon: The lemon slices add a zesty note that cuts through the sweetness of the strawberries and juice, bringing balance to the mocktail. They also serve as a lovely garnish, making the drink more aesthetically pleasing.
- ¼ cup ice cubes: Ice cubes are optional but recommended if you want to serve your mocktail chilled.
To make this sprite mocktail, crush the diced strawberries in a cocktail shaker and pour in sprite, strawberry cranberry juice, and lemon slices. Shake vigorously and pour into a medium sized cup containing ice and serve!
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries, but they may change the texture of the mocktail slightly. It’s recommended to thaw them a bit before using, or you can blend them directly into the drink for a slushie effect.
Is Sprite the Only Soda I Can Use?
No, you can substitute Sprite with any lemon-lime soda or even sparkling water if you want to reduce the sugar content.
What Other Mocktails with Sprite Can I Make?
Sprite’s lemon-lime flavor makes it a versatile ingredient for a variety of mocktails. In addition to the Strawberry Sprite Mocktail, you can use Sprite to make mocktails with other fruits like lemon, lime, or even tropical fruits like pineapple and mango. Simply replace the strawberry with your fruit of choice and follow the same basic steps. You can also add herbs like mint or basil for an extra layer of flavor.
Are Strawberry Sprite Mocktails Healthy?
While the strawberries provide some vitamins and fiber, keep in mind that the soda component adds sugar to the drink. For a healthier version, you could use sparkling water and a natural sweetener.
How Many Calories Are in a Strawberry Sprite Mocktail?
The calorie count can vary based on the size of the serving and any additional ingredients, but a standard serving might contain around 100-150 calories.
Strawberry Sprite Mocktail Recipe
- ½ cup strawberry cranberry juice
- ½ cup sprite
- ¼ cup strawberries - diced
- 1 lemon - slice
- ¼ cup ice cubes - optional
- Place diced strawberries in a cocktail shaker and use a muddler to crush them until they release their juice.
- Pour Sprite, strawberry cranberry juice, and a slice of lemon into the shaker with the crushed strawberries.
- Close the cocktail shaker securely and shake vigorously to mix all the ingredients together.
- Place ice cubes in a medium-sized cup. Strain the shaken mixture over the ice in the cup.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!