I’ve been playing around my kitchen for weeks to create the perfect iced coffee recipe, and recently, I finally perfected it with this drink.
I make this iced coffee each time I get my coffee cravings, and it keeps me alert all day at work while still providing some deliciousness.
As a fan of the famous Starbucks Iced White Chocolate Mocha, I have always wanted to try something homemade that is similar in taste to it. This recipe comes super close to the real thing, and I couldn’t be happier.
I used to spend so much money on Starbucks in the past, but now that I’m trying to cut down on ordering takeout, I decided to put my drink-making skills to the test and create my own homemade iced coffee recipe.
If you are a Starbucks lover like me and looking to make homemade iced coffee, this drink recipe is for you.
Ingredients for iced coffee recipe
- 3 Shots of Espresso: It won’t be iced coffee without espresso.
- Vanilla Ice-cream: To give this coffee a creamy vanilla flavor.
- Sweetener (optional): This recipe doesn’t necessarily need sweetener. But I do have a really sweet tooth, thus the extra sugar.
- Almond Milk: 2% milk or any other plant milk would be okay for this recipe.
- Ice cubes: To keep the drink chilled
- Whipped cream: This can be added but is entirely optional.
Brewing the espresso
The first step to making iced coffee is to brew the espresso. Start with a blend of coffee beans that you like. I recommend using medium roast for this recipe because it will have a more pronounced flavor than a light roast.
If you don’t have a coffee maker, follow these steps to brew the perfect espresso:
- Grind the coffee beans so they’re as fine as possible. This will help them to extract easily during the brewing process.
- Add water to the coffee grounds, which should be placed in a filter or basket called a “portafilter.” As you add water, tamp it down using a tamper to create pressure in the portafilter, which helps to extract flavors from the grounds. While tamping down on your portafilter, make sure not to leave any air gaps at the top of your grounds; this will allow you to extract more flavor from your coffee.
- After tamping down on your portafilter, lock it into place on top of your machine’s group head (a pipe that connects directly to your espresso machine), which will then allow you to brew espresso by pulling hot water through it from underneath by pressing down on its handle (called a “pump”).
Preparing the iced coffee recipe
Pour the hot espresso into a mason jar and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Make sure your espresso is hot when adding the ice cream as this will help dissolve the ice cream easily. Once that is done, pour in your milk and sweetener. Next, add your crushed ice, top with some whipped cream, and serve.
Comment below your favorite type of coffee. Hot coffee? Iced coffee? or both? I’m curious to know.
Best Iced Coffee Recipe
- 3 shots espresso - (medium roast)
- 1 cup Almond milk - or 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon stevia - optional
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup ice
- whipped cream - optional
- To a mason jar, pour in your measured quantity of hot espresso
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and dissolve it in the hot espresso
- Pour in your sweetener/sugar and 2% milk and mix
- Add in your crushed ice and Enjoy!
- Top with whipped cream for some extra sweetness.