Thanksgiving is around the corner and for this holiday, I decided to show you guys my pasta chicken fajita recipe. Like all my other recipes, this one is very easy to prepare and takes roughly an hour to make.
If you’re deciding on what dish to prepare this holiday season, definitely consider giving this a try. I promise you would love it.
This recipe is so good that I decided to pack up some in a bowl to take to Millicent’s house for our get together. She gave it a try and absolutely loved it. So I’m pretty sure you would love it as well.
I’ve been slacking lately on putting out recipe posts because classes have been taking up so much of my time. Each day I get an idea of a recipe to introduce to you guys on the blog, I suddenly become super lazy and exhausted to film and cook. Thankfully, the semester is coming to an end next month and thanksgiving is around the corner, so do expect to see more food posts in the near future.
Related: Sweet Potato Collard Greens Recipe
With that being said, the amazing thing about this chicken fajita recipe is the fact that you can prepare it all in one pot (if you decide to pre-cook the pasta ahead of time). I find that cooking the chicken with the peppers and onions at the same time retains the flavor. I’ve come across some recipes (like this one) where the cook removed the chicken and cooked the peppers separately. Though that might be a good idea, I personally find it to be a bit time consuming and flavor stripping.
If you aren’t the biggest fan of pasta, you can still replicate this recipe and make it into a burrito. In that case, you may need to ignore the use of heavy cream.
Overall, this chicken fajita recipe will not let you down–especially if you’re planning on cooking this for a bunch of guests in your home.
Pasta Chicken Fajita Recipe
- 1 lb Penne Pasta
- 3 cups water - hot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 cup red onion - chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast - chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper - chopped
- 1 green pepper - chopped
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic
- ½ tsp curry
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- To a medium-sized pot on medium heat, add-in your penne pasta, hot water, salt, and oil (to prevent sticking). Cook for 15 mins or until the pasta is tender. Set aside.
Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Heat up 3 tbsp of oil in a medium-sized pot on medium heat and throw in your chopped red onions and chicken breast
- Add in all your spices (red pepper, oregano, black pepper, garlic, curry). Cook chicken until the pinkness fades off
- Throw in your chopped bell peppers and steam for about 5 mins
- Pour in your milk and stir, then throw in your precooked pasta and cook for about 5 mins
- Add in your cheese and combine.
- Serve and enjoy!